In response to a shooting late Thursday night, Nov. 20, at the Grove Apartments near UNC Asheville’s campus, the university activated its BulldogAlert system and issued an emergency notification to students via phone and text.
UNC Asheville is partnering with Appalachian State University to increase the number of students in eight Western North Carolina counties who are prepared to enter and succeed in college, as part of the GEAR UP program.
UNC Asheville will conduct a routine test of its emergency siren system between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 20, 2014.
Submit your announcement about UNC Asheville events, people and programs here. Announcements will be reviewed and posted by date received. Read more about Announcement guidelines
- Celebration of the Life of Former Chancellor Sam Schuman Members of the UNC Asheville community are invited to share in a celebration of the life of former... Posted:
- Men's Basketball Tip-Off Time Changes Tip-off time has been changed for two upcoming Bulldog men's basketball games. Posted:
- Veteran Student Alliance Hosts Clothing Drive The Veterans Student Alliance will be hosting a clothing drive from November 17 through November 21... Posted:
- SAAC Seeks Donations to MANNA SAAC, the Student-Athlete Advisory Council, is partnering with other student organizations on... Posted:
- Toys, Volunteers Needed for Annual Headstart Holiday Party UNC Asheville will be hosting its 17th Annual Headstart Holiday Party. New unwrapped toys and... Posted:
- Art Alumni Hunter and Amelia Stamps The Department of Art is pleased to have two Alumni visit their alma mater and present some... Posted: